Roof-Maker Ltd. (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.roof-maker.co.uk (“our site”) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Roof-Maker Ltd. of 1 Pinfold Road, Thurmaston, Leicester, LE4 8AS is the data controller and responsible for your personal data.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on our site, place an order by phone, enter a prize draw, competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, your preferences in respect of marketing communications, and any other information you voluntarily provide to us.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site or interaction with our marketing emails, we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies including clear gifs to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data although we will get your consent before sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
|Purpose||Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest
|To register you as a new customer and carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
|Performance of a contract with you|
|To provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us
|Necessary for our legitimate interests to grow our business|
|To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
|Necessary for our legitimate interests to keep our website updated and relevant
|To enable you to participate in a prize draw, competition, or complete a survey
|Performance of a contract with you and necessary for our legitimate interests to study how customers use our products/services
|To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes||Necessary for our legitimate interests for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud, and necessary to comply with a legal obligation
|To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
|Necessary for our legitimate interests to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy
|As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure
|Necessary for our legitimate interests for running our business, network security, to prevent fraud, and necessary to comply with a legal obligation
|To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you
|Necessary for our legitimate interests to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy
|To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them
|Necessary for our legitimate interests to develop our products/services and grow our business|
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
If you have requested information from us, or purchased goods or services from us, you will receive marketing communications from us in relation to similar goods or services to those you enquired about or purchased and you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
We will get your express consent before we share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at any time using the contact details at the bottom of this policy.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Service providers who provide email marketing services and CRM platforms. .
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience, however we will only use your personal information in this way if we have obtained your consent.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Roof-Maker Ltd. or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission.
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe.
- Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between Europe and the US.
Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How long we retain your personal data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
If you would like further details of the retention periods for different aspects of your personal data, please contacting us using the contact details at the bottom of this policy.
Under data protection legislation, you have a right of access to the personal data we hold about you, and a right to rectification, erasure, restriction of or objection to processing, and the right to data portability, as set out in the General Data Protection Regulation. You should let us know if you believe the information we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated. You can also exercise these rights at any time by contacting us at Roof-Maker Ltd., 1 Pinfold Road, Thurmaston, Leicester, LE4 8AS, or by email at [email protected].
Should you be unhappy with our processing of your personal data, you have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office, which is the regulator for data protection.
Third party websites
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.